Landy Trash Rakes
Efficiently remove large obstacles and debris while protecting downstream equipment.
The Landy trash rake boasts one of the largest installation bases in the industry, with over 800 sites worldwide.
Cleaning efficiency is at the heart of the Atlas-SSI Landy trash rake screen design. The tines of the grab are constructed to fall between the bars of a screen during operation.
As the grab descends to the bottom, it removes debris from the bar racks, closes hydraulically, and hoists the debris up. The grab then runs along an overhead monorail track to a debris dump area.
The overhead track system provides design flexibility to meet challenging and site-specific requirements.
Atlas-SSI Landy grab style trash rakes are custom engineered for each project, and the components are available in coated carbon steel, hot-dipped galvanized steel, and 304 or 316 stainless steel.
Typical water filtration applications include:
- Pump stations
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Power plants
- Screen cleans from the top to the bottom to maximize debris removal
- Carries debris directly to a dumpster – no conveyors required
- No submerged parts result in simplified maintenance
- Operation in touch screen manual or fully automated PLC modes
- Ideal for new, or retrofit installations
- Monorail track can be equipped with curves for site-specific requirements
- Small system footprint
- Landy grab rakes are 316(b) Compliant (with optional Ristroph fish handling collection basket assembly)
- We have several highly certified technician and diving crews that can travel anywhere in the U.S. for service, repair, or installation
- We offer some of the shortest delivery times in the industry
- ATLAS-SSI manufactures all of our screens at our U.S. fabrication facility. We don’t sub out the work.
- The EPA fully accepts ATLAS-SSI tech—there’s zero need for further compliance testing.
✔ We’re a one-stop shop for all of your traveling water screen needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Landy Trash Rakes
What is the working depth of a Landy Trash Rake?
We offer four models of Landy Trash Rakes that work at the following depths:
- MODEL R66—33’ to 130’
- MODEL R71—33’ to 98’
- MODEL R03—25’ to 33’
- MODEL R74—25’ to 33’
What kind of large obstacles can Landy Trash Rakes Remove?
Landy Trash Rakes are highly effective at removing large objects, such as roots, trees, tires, and even mattresses.